Saturday, September 10, 2011

NYFW: Beauty Tips

I thought it would be fun to pop in and give some tips on beauty tips for big events! My getting ready process is usually about 30-45 minutes which is so long compared to my at-home getting ready period, but you have to spend a little extra time if you're heading out for a big event! Here are my tips!
  • Feel free to go a little bit daring with your makeup! Try the cat-eye, try a bold coral lipstick, try anything. Especially in dim lighting in bars and clubs, you'll stand out.
  • Don't worry about looking perfect. If you're making a bold statement with your eyes or lips, people won't even notice any red blemishes on your skin.
  • Take care of your lips! If you're constantly wearing lipstick, try using a bit of chapstick or Burt's Bees in between reapplies. It'll keep your lips moist!
  • Keep a little mirror in your purse for little checks like fuzz in your hair, lipstick on your teeth, mascara marks under your eyes. It's natural to quick check yourself in the mirror.
  • Always wash your make up off at night. Being in the city - all of the dirt, grime and makeup - you just have to.
  • Use a brush - if you can - to apply your foundation. It'll help prevent outbreaks and it will also stretch your makeup bottle. By using a brush, it helps cover more skin... which leads you to use less makeup!
  • Use a moisturizer at night while you sleep! It'll help replenish your skin from the harsh wear and tear of the day.
Hope you enjoyed a few tips on things that have helped me during fashion week so far!

Fun fact? My favorite lip color to wear in NYC so far has been my Maybelline Coral Crush lipstick. I've worn it for several events so far. When I showed up to the ModCloth Swap, I saw Veronika of Tick Tock Vintage and we instantly said in unison, "Coral crush!" It's the perfect lip color to make a statement, but not be too much. We love it.