Wednesday, September 7, 2011

Camera equipment for NYFW


After learning a few basic photography skills from Elizabeth, let's plan on what we're going to pack for fashion week! Since you're traveling, I'd recommend only bringing the absolute basics. Let's start a list!

1. Your camera. I personally use a Canon t2i Rebel, but whatever you use - make sure it's charged and ready to go.


2. Camera bag. Trust me, there are much cuter options out there, but I just love this bag because it's durable and holds a lot of stuff. Plus, it's waterproof in case I get stuck in the rain.

3. Camera charger. Bring your charger and make sure you remember to charge at night while you're sleeping! You won't want to be at an event snapping photos and have your camera die all of a sudden!

4. Memory card reader. You'll want to unload your camera at some point during your trip, so make sure you bring your memory card reader.

5. Camera strap. Keep your strap with you in case you need it. We don't want to drop our camera in the middle of Times Square! ;)

6. I bring one extra lens. My 50mm for outfit shots!

7. Phone. Sometimes you need to snap a quick photo, so I'll use my iPhone for this. You can also bring a small point and shoot too. For the phone, try apps like Instagram or Twitpic for uploading your images to the internet right away.

Your camera is definitely one of the most important things you'll bring... so make sure it's packed securely and keep it with you at all times!


No comments:

Post a Comment